It’s never too late to make Pumpkin Pie! This is a super (easy) recipe that’s great to take to those holiday gatherings where finger foods will be in abundance. It’s pretty & REALLY yummy…
The first time I made this recipe it was for a gathering of ladies here at the house. I didn’t figure up the nutrition facts, just made it, served it, loved it. THEN, I typed in the recipe to write it in my food journal…holy moly! So, I skinnyfied it and found that I didn’t notice a difference between the original recipe and the skinny(er) version!
Skinny(er) Pumpkin Pie Sheet Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 T (real) butter, melted
- ¼ c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 t ginger
- ½ t cloves
- 4 eggs
- 29 oz can pumpkin
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- Mix together crust ingredients until well combined. Spray a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Press crust into pan (I use Pampered Chef’s bar pan stone).
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl and whip on med-high using mixer for 1 minute or until frothy.
- Add sugar mixture and pumpkin to mixing bowl, and mix until combined. Then, add evaporated milk and mix until combined.
- Now, hear me when I say this…do NOT pour the filling into the crust yet (you would have a colossal mess in your oven and throw a few choice words my way!) Place the crust in the oven on the middle rack and pull out the rack just a bit so it’s stable but sticking out of the oven. CAREFULLY pour the filling over the crust. Your pan will be full….really full! Gently and slowly, push the rack back in the oven.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Cover and store in fridge.
- To serve, I cut off the outside edges and slice the remaining “inside” pieces into 24 servings and plop a bit of whipped cream on top.
Nutrition Facts: (according to the recipe builder at www.myfitnesspal.com)
1 bar = 133 calories, 3g protein, 0g fiber, 169mg sodium, 5g fat, 21 carbs
I do not feel guilty eating this for dessert…Sara Lee’s Pumpkin Pie is 270 calories per slice. Word to the wise…slice these, put ONE on a plate and put the rest in the back of the fridge if you want to have some to take elsewhere. Do not eat the entire pan…it’s not a skinny(er) choice!
Happy Day :: Christy